Saturday 22 February 2014

Gastronomia - Cluny Court

Hello friends, Tummy Tyrant 1 here!

We visited Gastronomia, a shop which faces the main street along Bukit Timah at Cluny Court. I remember that Tummy Tyrant 2 and I were really hungry that day, but La Petite wasn’t opened yet and we had to rush off for something. Therefore, we decided to venture out of our comfort zone of decent Carbonara at La Petite, and headed towards Gastronomia.

I don’t know how to put this. The Spaghetti Carbonara which they served was bad. It was horrible. It was horrendous. Never, ever, ever try this. 





We paid a good $15 for this box of tasteless noodles. Tasteless. Taste-less.


Spaghetti Carbonara - 0/5 Tummies

I have no idea why I even decided to edit this photo and make the food look nice. This post is aimed at shooting down how terrible this dish is from Gastronomia.

Firstly, the service was slow. They took a good 15 minutes or even more just to whip up this box of bad food. Secondly, it was terribly tasteless. The only source of flavour which existed in this box was from the bacon. Even so, you could tell that the bacon which they used was not of even a good quality. It was something about a slightly below average.

Tummy Tyrant 2 and I had such a bad time eating this that we were craving for the Carbonara which was sold at La Petite. The cheese which was served too was definitely many notches below the cheese which was served at La Petite.

We cannot stress further how disappointed Tummy Tyrant 2 and I were with the severe lack of flavour in the cream sauce and in the Spaghetti noodles they made. The sauce did have some form of thick texture, but that was it. It was blatantly bland. I’m learning how to cook and I could possibly made something better than this and sell it for a lot lesser. Definitely not worth it. It was just bad. I am just in utter shock that they even decided to serve this dish.

Many sighs indeed.
I am sincerely praying that Gastronomia just had a bad day on the day we tried this. I’ve tried their Pizzas before, and I will admit that they were good. They serve thin crust pizzas, and many desserts which look simply stunning. Tummy Tyrant 2 and I have yet to give a formal review on them. I’ve had the pizza with Salmon, and it was really good! However, I don’t know if we will have the courage to even try their pastas again. The place is frequented by many people, always. It’s typically full every time I walk past it.

To visit again or not to visit again, that’s the question. I think we will have to recover from the trauma which was infused into our brains from the time we ate the Carbonara before entering the floors of Gastronomia again.

Such. Bad. Food. A good walk about less than 100m away, lies La Petite. Way better Carbonara than this place which costs less too!

I do think that this place is a very decent place. It is frequented by many people having chit chat sessions with their friends. Perhaps, their coffee and desserts are really satisfying.

But, definitely not their Spaghetti Carbonara. 

501 Bukit Timah Road
Cluny Court #01-01
Singapore 259760

Tel: 64687010

No comments:

Post a Comment